Travel to….. CYNJA SPACE
Session Topic: Travel to Cynjaspace
Convener: Heather Dahl, Chase Cunningham and Les Chasen
Notes-taker: Heather Dahl
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
The Cynja is a universe. Just as training wheels allow kid the freedom to ride a bike, CynjaSpace allows them to train for freedom the adult cyber world.
- We ease kids into the adult world. We have a watershed on TV, we have a kids menu, we have training wheels on bike. There is a demarcation between the world of adults and the world of children.
- But when it comes to technology and the Internet, we just let them navigate the adult world.
- And sometimes they wipe out.
- We know kids fall over.
- And parents are alarmed.
- Look at all of the things that parents need to focus on to protect their kids.
- And this is what we give them. If kids don’t like doing homework, why would adults like doing it? And this looks like homework.
- Here’s Shirley the dog. I guess she is supposed to make all of this look fun. Shirley we can do better than a dog leaning against bullet points. And we can.
- We help kids and their parents navigate the world of cyberspace in one place.
- It’s education combined with security & privacy.
- Kids want to feel empowered. They want to feel confidence. They want to be awesome. The Cynja inspires kids to WANT to be safe. And that’s a huge win in any parent’s book.