PDE - Go to Market and Community Strategy
Title: Personal Data Ecosystem Go to Market Part 2
Session: Thursday, Session 3, Space A
Convener, Note Taker:Kaliya Hamlin
What are the use cases for initial got to market?
What is the value proposition for those who have capital?
Monetization is key
Don’t make a guess
Pitch is conversation
Let us tell you (across multiple domains)
Refine conversation model
User -> “Intent to purchase” explicit declaration -> Existing Data Exchange?
Key Models/Features outlined
- Social Address Book
- Alternative Social Graph (owned by people in it)
- Better Targeting
- VRM B->C
- Core Services - Backup, DeDupe, Sync
Question: What do we “have to have” for data.
Interop how does this actually happen
Who is solving this? Where is it being solved?
Do defacto standards emerge
One could go at this with a chart
Across the top the different groups
- Standards Stuff/ Interop
- Legal Regulatory Advocacy
- End User Citizens People
- B-C Businesses
- B-B Businesses
- Organizations, NGO’s, NPO’s (churches, activism groups, schools)
- Informal Groups/Classes
- Standards/Industry Organizations
on the other axis - Today, Unanswered Questions, Can do soon, long term
Go to Market Paths:
- Telco’s adopt PDS + give to consumer
- Facebook/MSFT/Google/Yahoo! gives data control to user
- 3rd Party creates PdS for users, advocates with users for integration with services (Statz, Buynamite, Epass)
- Laws & Regulation make more money by complying. Potential for new regulation in US and EU existing law.