Distributed Expertise Location
Conference IIW8 Room/Time: 4/F
Convener: Terrell Russell
Notes-taker: Chris Lunt
Discussion notes, key understandings, outstanding questions, observations, and, if appropriate to this discussion: action items, next steps:
- Focusing on the answer will fail the person asking the question
- Finding affinity between the questioner and the answerer and initiating the relation is what’s important
- Aardvark is working on this problem
- To combat the problem of getting a critical mass of experts, use authorship of document to seed the corpus. You need to add the expertise into an existing social structure. It is a layer.
- Questions may not be routable by the asker. Nor may they be the best person to rank the result. But it may be good enough
- How do you tag people in a way that gives strength scores.
- How to you creat the incentive w*in organizations to do the work to measure and offer expertise?
- Decay of expertise needs to be captured.
- What if experts don’t want to be found.
- Is there a way to associate costs for availing yourself of particular expertises.
- What are the currencies in these cases. (“whuffies!”)