Define Personal Cloud Logo Terms
- Jeff Stollman
- C.Live Boulton
- Johannes Ernst (host, note taker)
Objective: We have a newly designed logo for personal clouds. Under which terms should anybody be allowed to use it?
After some discussion, we made the following decisions:
- We create a board of 12 stewards for the logo
- For the initial stewards, we ask for volunteers on the personal clouds mailing list
- If there turned out to be more than 12 volunteers, we organize a vote on the mailing list.
- The board of stewards will give itself a charter. This will include:
- stewards will meet/teleconference at least once a year, and as needed
- stewards will decide on taking action / not taking action on possible infringement
- stewards will vote on terms for the logo and possible revisions of terms
- when a steward resigns or otherwise ceases to be a steward, the remaining stewards will decide on replacement procedures (e.g. by vote on the mailing list)
- Use of the logo:
- is generally permitted on a non-discriminatory basis, by individuals and organizations, but:
- license to use logo is time-limited (e.g. one year) so we can update terms at least once a year should that be necessary
- electronic use of the logo must be clickable to a page that lists the current terms for use of the logo
- users of the logo should have to register
- no modifications are permitted to the logo
- logo must only be used for the purpose of declaring support for the principles of personal control over data, apps and terms.